Had the pleasure of attending The Thomas P. Hinman Dental Meeting last Friday. I attended two excellent courses:
Top 5 takeaways from Minal’s course:
- Use Canva to create slides to help you create Instagram reels
- Use “Insights” to see how your posts are reaching and engaging
- Captions in reels are important. You get 60% more attention
- Only use vertical photos and videos. Horizontal P/V will be chopped off, will get less engagement and less visually appealing
- Put a mirror in every operatory to video capture when a patient sees your great work for the first time.
Top 5 takeaways from Rachel’s course:
- Have a hygiene standard of care
- Use VoiceWorks for perio charting
- Do vertical bite wings for all adults
- Hygienist should have the patient sit up in their chair and sit next to them when talking to them regarding their care
- According to Dental Intel, top 10% practices diagnose perio in 34% of patients
If you read our market update email last week (and if you didn’t get it, please let us know so we can put you on our mailing list), we discussed the failure of Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) and how FDIC insurance works.
We got some great feedback including information on bank deposit insurance beyond FDIC from one of our friends from Affinity Bank: Ed Cooney. It’s called IntraFi Network Deposits (formerly ICS, or the Insured Cash Sweep®service) and protects your bank deposits in to the multi-million-dollar amounts. Click on the link for an overview of the program. And reach out to Ed and his team to learn more.
We love hearing from you on dental topics you want to learn more about. To our dental friends and partners, reach out. We are happy to share your services and ideas in E2E’s Dental Insights newsletter.