In today’s markets’ where the S&P 500 is down -16.78% and the US Bonds is down -10.94%, it’s easy to want to look for better performing investment options. In the last few weeks we’ve had clients bring us some investments they’ve been pitched. The pitches may include great distributions rates/dividends and/or great overall returns.
When you are pitched investments like this, here are four key questions to ask:
- Is my investment liquid? Can I sell it and get my money back if something comes up?
- What are the returns being shown? Are they based on actual historical investment performance or something else?
- What is the hold time of the investment?
- What is the history/experience of the company offering the investments?
- How is the person pitching you the investment paid? Commissions, fees?
We hope this helps. As difficult as investment markets may be building out good long-term risk-based portfolios has proven the test of time. Need some help? Reach out for your free review meeting . We want to help you!
Here is this week’s market update .